Georgetown SFS

Icelander

• 2 weeks later...

Have you heard back from SSP yet? I applied for spring as well and still haven't received any notification. I've already received notification from the other schools I applied to.

Yes I have. I got an e-mail from them the other day telling me that I've been recommended to the graduate admissions and that I should receive a letter from the dean in the next days. I'm still waiting for the official letter but I have been told I need to start making visa arrangements since I'm an international student. I guess you should have gotten that e-mail too from the SSP if they recommended you, but who knows. I hope the letter arrives soon!

Best of luck!

Have you heard back from SSP yet? I applied for spring as well and still haven't received any notification. I've already received notification from the other schools I applied to.

I have also applied to the ssp spring 2010 and have not heard anything. I called today and they said letters will be sent in the next week or two.

I have also applied to the ssp spring 2010 and have not heard anything. I called today and they said letters will be sent in the next week or two.

That's rather annoying. I have priority deadlines coming up for other programs and need to know about SSP soon or I could possibly lose my place. Guess I'll just have to wait it out.

That's rather annoying. I have priority deadlines coming up for other programs and need to know about SSP soon or I could possibly lose my place. Guess I'll just have to wait it out.

I think you would have gotten an e-mail already telling you that you have been recommended to the Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and that your letter should be arriving soon if it hasn't arrived already. Now I'm just waiting for my letter so I can start making arrangements.

I think you would have gotten an e-mail already telling you that you have been recommended to the Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and that your letter should be arriving soon if it hasn't arrived already. Now I'm just waiting for my letter so I can start making arrangements.

I'm wondering if there are different procedures for US vs. intl students. I was told by the SSP Admissions

staff that they can't notify by email only by letters. I found this to be the case with other universities as well. I was accepted into other spring programs and all of

them sent letters; I didn't receive any emails until after the letters. Either way it is frustrating because I need to know as soon as possible.

I'm wondering if there are different procedures for US vs. intl students. I was told by the SSP Admissions

staff that they can't notify by email only by letters. I found this to be the case with other universities as well. I was accepted into other spring programs and all of

them sent letters; I didn't receive any emails until after the letters. Either way it is frustrating because I need to know as soon as possible.

Yea that is totally frustrating! I hope the letter arrives soon! It might be different for international students since we need to make arrangements regarding visa etc.

To those still waiting, I talked to the admissions office today and was able to get some good answers. They said that they have two notification cycles which means all applicants are not notified at the same time. The first cycle was sent out early last week and I was told that the second is going to be sent out by Wednesday. Hopefully those who have not yet been contacted will know of their decision by the end of this week. Good luck!

To those still waiting, I talked to the admissions office today and was able to get some good answers. They said that they have two notification cycles which means all applicants are not notified at the same time. The first cycle was sent out early last week and I was told that the second is going to be sent out by Wednesday. Hopefully those who have not yet been contacted will know of their decision by the end of this week. Good luck!

That is great news! Thank you for sharing this information! Best of luck to everyone! Hopefully I'll see you at Georgetown in January!

That's great news!!! Thanks for spreading the word!

any news??