Applying now - in February, to a NY/NJ affordable program?

Differentpaths

Question

I have half of an MFA from Sarah Lawrence College, which I dropped out of because of the cost. I had tried to negotiate my tuition with them, but they have virtually no money (or so it was then, two years ago) for grads, so as a working single mother out of funds, I had no choice but to put the MFA on the back burner.

I had no idea there are programs that offer stipends until recently, when I ran across it on an interview with a writer. I would so love to be able to afford to finish my MFA!

My question is - it's February! It seems all applications close in December, January. Are there any NY/NJ programs that I could apply to now where the bottom line financially is zero cost, either through stipends, tuition waivers or simply low cost tuition?

I'm having a hard time finding it through the university websites as the conditions for scholarships are very unclear and indecisive. Perhaps someone with experience can tell me what is a reasonable expectation? Is there anything I can pursue now or do I have to wait a half year?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet