GSE Berkeley

cab120

I applied to LLC and when I contacted admissions 2 days ago, they said they were still making decisions and that I could expect to hear in the coming weeks. Does this mean im actually rejected?

Judging from the past years on the results board, this looks like the Berkeley MO -- anyone who's rejected will likely see "submitted" until March/April, when it's updated to a rejection. It could be a sort of waitlist for second round picks if admitted students decline, but I could also see them just not wanting to put resources into updating rejections until they've taken care of the admitted students. Kind of crappy to be in limbo as a likely rejected applicant, but not surprising based on the volume of applications they receive. 

7 hours ago, cab120 said:

I applied to LLC and when I contacted admissions 2 days ago, they said they were still making decisions and that I could expect to hear in the coming weeks. Does this mean im actually rejected?

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the standard response from the admissions office. You'd likely get better information contacting a POI directly.

Edited by aebh615

On 2/23/2016 at 5:05 PM, CIShopeful said:

Does anyone know if PhD students in Berkeley's GSE are automatically fully funded?  Some of the programs I applied to made it very clear that all PhD candidates are completely funded for a specific amount of years, but I'm having trouble finding that on Berkeley's website.

@CIShopeful - I wouldn't count on it: https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/02/11/berkeley-announces-major-strategic-planning-process-address-long-term-budget-issues

I was really hoping for an acceptance here to use as leverage for funding at a slightly lower ranked program; it would take a miracle fellowship to make Berkeley a feasible choice for me financially.

5 hours ago, sarkat said:

Anything for HDE?<_<

I emailed admissions after seeing all of the results postings about POME offers already having been extended  Their response: "the review process is currently underway and decisions have not been sent out to HDE applicants. We're fortunate to have so many qualified applications so we appreciate your patience at this time. Decisions are expected between March and April. "

On 3/2/2016 at 3:23 AM, aebh615 said:

I emailed admissions after seeing all of the results postings about POME offers already having been extended  Their response: "the review process is currently underway and decisions have not been sent out to HDE applicants. We're fortunate to have so many qualified applications so we appreciate your patience at this time. Decisions are expected between March and April. "

That's exactly what they said to me. I wished they'd just tell me ALREADY

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2016 at 4:53 PM, Jassy129 said:

Sorry guys but decisions came out officially a week ago. The open house for doctoral students is actually next week, March 6th and 7th.

Did you attend the open house? Was it for all of the programs combined?

• 3 weeks later...