Finding out whether your scores arrived at the school

shai

Hi everyone,

I sent my GRE, TOEFL and transcripts already to the different schools and am stressed whether they were received or not. Anyone attending to the following schools - how did YOU find out your scores were received by the ad comm ?

• cornell
    UC at boulder
    Harvard
    Yale
    Uni. of Chicago
    Duke
    Uni Michigan, ann arbor
    UVa

thank you

I have a GRE question. I am re-applying to a few schools that I'd applied to last year and have received conflicting information about whether or not I need to send my scores to them again. One school has said every school keeps them on file for five years, they are no exception, and that I don't need to send them again, while other schools have said that each year is a completely new application that will require me to send my test scores again. I'm planning on just going with the individual school's policies, but has it been anyone's experience that they haven't had to send their scores again? I'm really trying to keep application costs down, so I'd be curious to hear anyone's experience with this.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I sent my GRE, TOEFL and transcripts already to the different schools and am stressed whether they were received or not. Anyone attending to the following schools - how did YOU find out your scores were received by the ad comm ?

• cornell
    UC at boulder
    Harvard
    Yale
    Uni. of Chicago
    Duke
    Uni Michigan, ann arbor
    UVa

thank you

I didn't apply to any of the universities you're applying to but my experience was - most universities have websites where they update supporting material. It usually took them some time to update things, none were completely updated until after the application deadline and some never were.. The departments' websites had information about how/whether to contact them to inquire about whether your materials arrived; most said they'd contact applicants if anything was missing. I know some schools explicitly say not to contact them, others direct you to someone on the administrative staff. If you don't know, I'd suggest contacting the grad school and asking.

I have a GRE question. I am re-applying to a few schools that I'd applied to last year and have received conflicting information about whether or not I need to send my scores to them again. One school has said every school keeps them on file for five years, they are no exception, and that I don't need to send them again, while other schools have said that each year is a completely new application that will require me to send my test scores again. I'm planning on just going with the individual school's policies, but has it been anyone's experience that they haven't had to send their scores again? I'm really trying to keep application costs down, so I'd be curious to hear anyone's experience with this.

Thanks!

This is one of those things you just have to contact the schools and ask. Anecdotal information from people who did or did not have their scores held at the grad school won't help you.

Edited by fuzzylogician