SOPHAS IS FREAKING ME OUT!

tsk1991

Hi, PLEASE tell me it's going to be okay...or tell me I'm screwed. Either way I'm freaking out right now.

So I submitted all my documents through SOPHAS in the middle of November, paid and got all my LOR in etc. The only thing I noticed TODAY (mid-Feb) was that I didn't click 'yes' or 'verify' because I purchased the professional transcript entry. I emailed SOPHAS in the past month to see what was taking my application so long, and I was just notified today that this was the cause.

Am I screwed? I submitted everything else, even mailed them the hard copy of my transcript from my college. What can I do? Please!!!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Unfortunately, I don't think that this is a question that we can answer. Contact SOPHAS and your schools of interest by phone and see if you can work something out. Depending on the submission dates, you may be okay. It may not be a big deal if this is for master's programs, but if it's for doctoral programs, my guess is that you're out of luck.

EDIT: I just wanted to clarify the point regarding master's programs. These are generally professional programs that can take in a large cohort of students. As such, submitting a late application may not exclude you from the running if the program has more room, especially if your a strong candidate. That said, you probably will not be offered funding (although such support tends to be pretty meager at master's programs, anyhow). 

Edited by Familiar Heron

I went through that EXACT same thing!!! Here's what you need to do: Contact the university, specifically the people in charge of graduate admissions. They will see you app and help you with completion.

Here's the thing - to finish verifying takes a few more weeks. You should be ok if they received it in their system before the due date, but you're going to be reviewed late if they have rolling admissions.  The university will help you the most.