Yale Jackson School 2016

I'm starting this topic as something to do besides constantly refresh all my devices even though I know nothing is going to get announced for, at least, days.

Any other Jackson hopefuls out there? Their admissions site says decisions probably in the first or second week of March, so that looks like next week. With a 17% admission rate, I'm labeling this one a reach. 

Hey there, I applied to Jackson, too. Definitely a reach.

Someone in another thread in 'Waiting it out' called and they said they hope to send out acceptances next week. Still a week to go.

Definitely a hopeful here too! I have a really low chance, if at all.

I don't know if anyone did the Jackson Admissions Chat in December, but I remember the Admissions staffer mentioning that the average GRE score is in the 75th precentile.  That was a huge shocker for me, so I guess their selection process really comes down to who has the most unique experiences.

On 3/4/2016 at 4:32 PM, Danbrenn said:

I also am waiting it out for Jackson.  As with everyone, it will be a reach for me... they gave me a hard pass last year.  

Anxiously waiting here as well. How did they notify students of their decisions last year? 

Everyone: I just called the Jackson Institute and they say that all decisions (rejections, acceptances, wait-list) should have been uploaded to the page. Those of us who have not received a decision need to call Yale's Graduate School (not Jackson) to resolve the technical issues.

If the rejections are auto-generated by GSAS, then it's likely that those of us who haven't gotten anything have been rejected. If not, and the adcoms control the acceptances/rejections, then this problem should have no bearing on our decisions. The rep I called wasn't clear on the exact nature of the situation, so there's no way to tell.

Edited by AAAAAAAA

3 hours ago, Ejc5ys said:

I was accepted too! Good luck to everyone else!!

19 minutes ago, Ejc5ys said:

There's nothing on the portal for me either--my email came from the head of admissions. There may be some sort of delay in the upload to the GSAS site? 

I see. Did every admit here get a personal email? If so, then it's likely that the lack of an email indicates a rejection for applicants like myself. If there are any admits who were admitted via the online portal, that might contradict this narrative however.

On the Facebook Page, Yale seemed to have implied that it notified all admitted students at the same time: https://www.facebook.com/jackson.institute.for.global.affairs/

Edited by AAAAAAAA

Same.  I hate to be an angry rejectee, but I find it pretty unprofessional that they are leaving us in the dark.  I paid the application fee and went to the effort to apply, and I can't even get a 'thanks, but no thanks' email...

Edited by Danbrenn

Gave Jackson a call and they first said that all admissions decisions had been released and they they would let me know what the issue was with my account.  I got put on hold for a minute and then they came back and told me that no admissions decisions had been released and good luck.  haha

1 hour ago, Danbrenn said:

Gave Jackson a call and they first said that all admissions decisions had been released and they they would let me know what the issue was with my account.  I got put on hold for a minute and then they came back and told me that no admissions decisions had been released and good luck.  haha

haha so what does that mean?