Letting know schools that I've accepted to waitlist school

maktoob101

I have received an email from my top choice that I am waitlisted. They said I am welcome to send any information to update if I want to. I am trying to send my latest CV and the latest transcript since I raised my GPA last semester. I also received 3 acceptances from other PhD schools with full funding, and I am thinking about letting them know to show that I am an attractive candidate to other schools. But I am not really sure whether this would rather hurt me or not. I would like to hear some opinions about this from other folks. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, morpheus said:

That sounds like a good idea, if they asked for updated information. What field is it? And what's changed on your CV (other than GPA)? 

Thanks for your reply. I've applied for Communication Phd. I recently joined a new research project led by my advisor and took a Big data research program outside campus so I'm trying to put those in my CV. 

2 minutes ago, maktoob101 said:

Thanks for your reply. I've applied for Communication Phd. I recently joined a new research project led by my advisor and took a Big data research program outside campus so I'm trying to put those in my CV. 

Cool, those sound like great additions to your application. Definitely let them know about it. Good luck! 

I don't think you should say you have other offers unless the waitlist school asks. We (as applicants) have no idea what schools do with this information. It could help you get off the waitlist if they really want you, or it might hurt your chances if they think you'll go elsewhere. Just update your CV with your academic/research accomplishments.