SAIS Fall 2016

1 hour ago, monocle said:

Does anyone know whether the concentrations become sort of like cohorts? Also does anyone know how many IDEV students they cap?

People I know at SAIS have said you tend to stay with people within your concentration.  However, you can take classes in concentrations that's not your primary program. 

Are you all citing the federal award total?

I got my financial aid email at my secondary email address for some reason...

edit: Just kidding.. Got a separate email with fellowship information.

Edited by Pichichi
new info

Email says " Congratulations on your acceptance to The Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS).  It gives me great pleasure to inform you that you have been awarded fellowship funds for the 2016-2017 academic year.  Should you obtain substantial funding from external sources, we reserve the right to adjust your financial aid award. "

1 minute ago, ZebraFinch said:

Email says " Congratulations on your acceptance to The Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS).  It gives me great pleasure to inform you that you have been awarded fellowship funds for the 2016-2017 academic year.  Should you obtain substantial funding from external sources, we reserve the right to adjust your financial aid award. "

That's awesome, but gosh what a terrible email :( I hope you find out soon. You should go to this website and see if your aid is listed there:

http://www.sais-jhu.edu/sites/default/files/ISIS-Self-Service-and-PowerFAIDS-Net-Partner-Instructions-v1.pdf

Since SAIS seems to award aid for the first academic year (unlike some other schools which specify aid for both years) I thought I'd post this section of the website:

Funding comes from federal, university, and private sources (such as corporations and foundations). Aid is awarded on an annual basis, and students must reapply for aid for their second year in accordance with stated deadlines and procedures. Recipients of SAIS fellowships in the first year may expect the same in the second year if they maintain a 3.4 cum GPA, have no failing or incomplete grades, maintain full-time enrollment. SAIS cannot be responsible for funding non-SAIS fellowships for the second year.

So whether your financial decisions assume that you'll secure the same amount of aid your second year depends on your own appetite for risk.