My percentiles changed

rogue

So, I took the GRE back in May, and I sent scores at that time to four of my ten schools. A couple of weeks ago, I sent scores to the other six schools. ETS sent me a confirmation in the mail, and when I looked at it, I realized my percentiles had changed. I guess that's a function of more people having taken the test since I did? Anyway, my quant went down one point, and AW went up two points. The problem is, I already submitted some of my applications, all of which asked me to self-report scores and percentiles. Is this a big enough deal that I should send some sort of explanatory email (or make a call?) to the DGS at the schools that will see a mismatch? Grrr... like I need one more thing to worry about right now!

I could very easily be wrong, but I've been under the impression that ETS sends a CD of all requested scores to schools twice each month to reflect new tests taken and any updates to scores. I would imagine that percentile changes are somehow incorporated in this bi-monthly installment--even if its a disclaimer of sorts that specifies that x score is now y percentile instead of z percentile.

I also would say that the changes in your percentiles seem pretty marginal--and it is likely that programs are used to seeing these minor discrepancies in the percentile between self-reported scores and "official" scores from ETS. Several schools I've applied to don't ask you to self-report percentiles, which I'm realizing is probably because of this phenomenon.