Sending hard copies to the school/dept?

a fragrant plant

If the university allows you to submit your writing sample online, is it still a good idea to post them a hard copy? Some universities say explicitly that they don't want any hard copies besides transcripts while others are more tacit about it. What do you think? I'm going to post my supplementary materials tomorrow!

If the university allows you to submit your writing sample online, is it still a good idea to post them a hard copy? Some universities say explicitly that they don't want any hard copies besides transcripts while others are more tacit about it. What do you think? I'm going to post my supplementary materials tomorrow!

I don't see a reason why you would want to do send anything via post. If a school allows its applicants to submit the WS online, then it must have some kind of procedure whereby these files are printed out and attached to the applicants' files - the same as must be done with the portion of the app that you fill out online and the other documents you attach (cv, sop, etc). There doesn't seem to be any advantage to printing and sending the paper in yourself. I'd save the money.