course info on writing sample

fred987

This may sound ridiculous, but I suppose with deadlines fast approaching now is the time for ridiculous questions.

This is the writing sample instructions:

Please provide a short paper no more than 1,000 words in length or a similarly-sized coherent excerpt from a longer paper that you have written for a course. Alternatively, provide a focused essay written in an academic style in which you analyze an article, book, exhibit or event relevant to your field of interest.

I have a course paper that I will be turning in, its an annotation and has my name, the date it was written, and the course title. Pretty much the normal heading that any professor would want on a paper. Should I keep or remove this from the writing sample? I want to remove it but I also want them to see what course it was for, since the course is extremely extremely relevant to the degree I'm applying for. What to do?

I'd remove the heading, it's irrelevant in that context. If you mention this course in your SOP, you could add a line saying that you're submitting the paper you wrote for this course as your writing sample. Another way to go is have the professor you wrote the paper for mention it in their letter, if they're writing you one.

I'd remove the heading, it's irrelevant in that context. If you mention this course in your SOP, you could add a line saying that you're submitting the paper you wrote for this course as your writing sample. Another way to go is have the professor you wrote the paper for mention it in their letter, if they're writing you one.

He is, so I may just ask him to work that in. Thanks!