GRE registration number

Venetia

Hi all,

This is probably another stupid question. I'm filling in applications for grad school, and they're asking me for my General GRE registration number. Now, I have a registration number for my subject test (on the admission ticket), but I cannot find a number for the General CBT anywhere! In the email they sent to confirm my test date, all there is is a really long confirmation number. Do I have to wait for my score report to get a registration number? Coz that would kind of suck, as I live in Dubai and the letter will take AGES. Any ideas where I could find the registration number?

As long as you registered with the same name and the same address for both your subject test and your general test your registration number should be the same for both. Your registration number is a way for ETS to keep track of all of your scores and records, kind of equivalent to Social Security number in the US.

Thanks, everyone! I was confused by the fact that my applications asked for the registration number for both my general and subject tests, as it made me think they were different. Still, I've sent ETS a message to clarify it, just to make sure...

My registration number for both tests is different, even though I registered with the same name and info (and my two tests' records were automatically consolidated). So, yours might very well be different too. What I did when I'd lost this information is call ETS - the guy on the other end gave me my test dates & registration number right away, and confirmed my scores, and it didn't cost anything.