Someone took the GRE for this kid ?!

columbia09

I was talking with someone I work with who stated his brother paid someone 1,000$ to take the GRE for him. Is that even possible ? I would be scared because the risks of getting caught would be too great. Has anyone ever heard about this before ? 

I don't even see how that would be possible. They were pretty thorough checking my identity when I took mine. I was shocked how thorough they were, even.

Maybe if you had a close-aged sibling who looked similar, or a twin, but as @ExponentialDecay commented, it's not worth the effort. Would his brother take his graduate courses for him too? Write his dissertation? Where would it stop?

6 minutes ago, Neist said:

I don't even see how that would be possible. They were pretty thorough checking my identity when I took mine. I was shocked how thorough they were, even.

Maybe if you had a close-aged sibling who looked similar, or a twin, but as @ExponentialDecay commented, it's not worth the effort. Would his brother take his graduate courses for him too? Write his dissertation? Where would it stop?

Apparently they used a fake ID. What's horrible is that the kid is in Vanderbilt now   

Just now, columbia09 said:

Apparently they used a fake ID. What's horrible is that the kid is in Vanderbilt now   

It'd have to be a expensive fake, at least at my testing center. They expelled more effort looking at my ID than they do at an airport. :wacko:

Did this person mention what field it was in? The scores might not matter as much, depending on the field. 

15 minutes ago, Neist said:

It'd have to be a expensive fake, at least at my testing center. They expelled more effort looking at my ID than they do at an airport. :wacko:

Did this person mention what field it was in? The scores might not matter as much, depending on the field. 

No I think though chemistry, if it's true then wow I can't believe he got away with it