ODU vs. UVA

Hey guys, so I've been accepted to both Old Dominion University and University of Virginia for this upcoming fall 2016 semester. However, I'm having trouble making a decision. They're both in completely different places (Norfolk is more city-like whereas Charlottesville is in the mountains), and while UVA is ranked better I've received an $8k assistantship position from ODU. UVA is a semester shorter, but money-wise they work out since ODU is cheaper per semester. Both have a 100% employment rate after graduation as well, so everything seems to balance out equally. Does anyone know more about the programs and could give me some advice? Is having an assistantship on my resume worth going to the lower-ranked school?

Just now, orangegreenblue said:

For the same money why would you want to do an extra semester if you didn't have to? Plus you'd have to spend a lot of extra time being a GA..

Well it's the same amount of money without the assistantship. With the assistantship ODU would be cheaper.

Just now, RMott said:

Well it's the same amount of money without the assistantship. With the assistantship ODU would be cheaper.

Oh sorry didn't catch that. Well I don't think school ranking has much impact on getting a job so I wouldn't have that as a factor. Maybe just try to asses which place has better externship programs. I know ODU is very child focused (I was accepted there as well but won't be attending)