No, but still under review.

franc109

Hi. I recently followed up with a potential adviser regarding the possibility of an interview (we had discussed this possibility in previous emails). I was told that interviews for his lab have already taken place and students have been selected, however, other advisers are still selecting students. I am hopeful that I may get an interview but I need to be realistic as well. Do I have a chance at an interview at this point? Any experiences, advice, or information are appreciated!

Edited by franc109

Sorry to hear you're in what sounds like a very nerve wracking situation. The fact that you haven't been rejected outright sounds at least hopeful. I would assume that if you had zero chance, they would have already rejected your application. Hope the waiting anxiety doesn't overwhelm you --easier said than done, I know! 

On 3/17/2016 at 11:07 AM, franc109 said:

Do I have a chance at an interview at this point? 

I am in a waiting situation too, and I feel that, with each day that passes, my chances are receding. What would you do if you don't get the interview you want? Maybe you can start on that work now. Doing so seems like it could only help you when you do get an interview (without knowing what your plans are).

6 hours ago, Agrippina said:

I am in a waiting situation too, and I feel that, with each day that passes, my chances are receding. What would you do if you don't get the interview you want? Maybe you can start on that work now. Doing so seems like it could only help you when you do get an interview (without knowing what your plans are).

Yeah, I feel the same way. I have started practicing the interview but would just have to switch from focusing on the research of my first-choice adviser to my second or third. Thank you for your input and best of luck in this waiting process.