Transitional masters - Loma Linda

3 minutes ago, stvspeech8 said:

I am currently in the MS program at LLU and know several of the TMs who finished there 1 year and are in the program with me now. Do you have any specific questions? 

Yes. I have taken a few CSD prerequisites but not all, so thought this program would be a good fit. I have heard its problem-based learning..how do you like it so far? Also, are you able to work during the program? 

Thanks! 

Ashley

Hi Ashley, I love the grad program so far. The TM program would be a good fit if you don't have a bachelors in CSD but in another area. The TM program is 1 year and really busy since the classes are crammed into one year. Since the classes are more spread out through the week like undergrad classes, it might be a little more difficult to have an outside job. However, unlike most schools, llu offers some TA type jobs with professors and stuff. They're mostly reserved for grad students but often there's extra openings. 

Also PBL is really unique and I enjoy it. Its not such passive learning like in a lecture style where you cram for a test to get the grade and then forget everything. Everything's more practical/functional and gives you the tools to help you become a resourceful, confident, highly capable SLP. 

I don't know how many people apply to the TM program by typically 5-8 get accepted! They automatically get accepted into the Grad program meaning there's around 22 spots for us for a total of 30