UConn-Arrival and Living

eaherder

Hey everyone!

I am so excited that I will be attending UConns MCB program starting in fall 2016. But, I am very concerned about living expenses as they seem way higher than where I am currently. I have been told to look at Tolland, Ashford, etc but I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere else to check out for apartments. Or if there are any other incoming grad students looking for a roommate?! I also am currently working and need to let them know as soon as possible when I am leaving so does anyone know how early prior to August 23 (when our assistantships begin) we should be arriving? I don't want to plan for mid August and then find out that I have mandatory events to attend the day I move in! How early did everyone else get there? Thanks!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Did my undergrad at UConn; lived in Norwegian Wood apartments in Tolland for junior and senior year. Lots of grad students lived there also!

The environment was great, the location was perfect (10 mins drive to campus straight down 195) and the apartments were clean, bright and spacious! Highly recommend!

Willington Oaks is also a good place to look as well as Cedar Ridge and Walden. 

UConn was great fun and I hope you really enjoy your grad experience there!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, my name's Ashley. I'm going to start my masters in UConn next semester. I went up there last week looking for house mates to share a house near campus with me and another girl from Puerto Rico. We're pretty cool girls, very laid back and easy going but also serious about our studies. We're both fully bilingual and are going to el attending El Instituto. The apartment we're interested in is near campus and pretty affordable. If anyone's interested and wants more info feel free to contact me (: Oh, we're both dog lovers and would be interested in adopting one!

On 3/18/2016 at 9:46 AM, eaherder said:

Hey everyone!

I am so excited that I will be attending UConns MCB program starting in fall 2016. But, I am very concerned about living expenses as they seem way higher than where I am currently. I have been told to look at Tolland, Ashford, etc but I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere else to check out for apartments. Or if there are any other incoming grad students looking for a roommate?! I also am currently working and need to let them know as soon as possible when I am leaving so does anyone know how early prior to August 23 (when our assistantships begin) we should be arriving? I don't want to plan for mid August and then find out that I have mandatory events to attend the day I move in! How early did everyone else get there? Thanks!! :)

Hi, my name's Ashley. I'm looking for housemates for a five bedroom house in Willimantic. It's down the street from the shuttle that takes you to UConn. If you're at all interested let me know. (: