Berkeley MDP anyone?

ilmk92

Hi all,

Just trying to see if there is anyone out there who is STILL awaiting to hear back from UC Berkeley's MDP program.

I've tried calling multiple times, but no luck in reaching them so far.. The last communication I had with the MDP coordinator dates back to mid-February and we are supposed to hear back around mid-March.. hopefully that's the case! 

I also applied for this. I sent an email to admissions last week, they said they were trying to get the decisions out by the end of last week. Obviously that hasn't happened. In the email they also said that if I don't hear back by Tuesday (tomorrow) I should get in touch for the decision. 

Pretty disappointed about how long the process has taken for the MDP at Berkeley.

I can totally relate to the frustration.. although I partly understand why the process is taking so long for them. They must face very tough decisions as they only accept 25 new students each year. I'm going to call them later this afternoon, and will let you know what they say! 

So I just called them and all decisions have been finalized, and sent to the Graduate Division last week. It is only a matter of when the division decides to release the decisions, but we are to hear back anytime now. She said to call back on Wednesday if we don't hear back.

On 3/21/2016 at 1:29 PM, beefmaster said:

Thanks for the update, really appreciate it. Good luck!

Did you get in by any chance? I got rejected!

1 hour ago, beefmaster said:

Rejected also! 

I was pretty suprised to find out since I applied to 5 schools (SAIS, SIS, Sciences Po, IHEID, Berkeley) and this is the only rejection I received.

So did you make up your mind of where you want to attend?