USC v UIUC for Masters In Communication

Bookaddict

Hey guys!

I got into USC Annenberg's School of Comm for a Masters in Comm Management, but with no funding. I also got into UIUC with complete funding and a TA position that pays around $16K a year (not a lot, I know, but hey it's better than nothing). UIUC is also my alma mater. 

I'm originally from California, so I know what the cost of living is like, and I'm used to the environment. I love California and I know my family wants me to come back to CA and go to USC for grad school, but I'm super torn because UIUC has offered me a good deal when it comes to funding. Plus it has a fantastic comm program as well, and I know a lot of the faculty. I don't know much about USC, so I am going to visit, but I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with USC's Graduate Comm program and can let me know what you liked/disliked about it? That would help so much because I'm having a tough time here.

Thank you (and good luck to everyone else trying to make a decision!)

Edited by Bookaddict