Project on anthropology admissions

medianerd

Hello folks!

I am an 'alum' of this forum, having used it for moral support last year when I was applying. I remember so well how tense the process was.

So now I am working on a paper about graduate admissions (catharsis, anyone?) and I would LOVE your help.

It's a ten question anonymous survey. I will not be able to see any identifying information about you- nor will anyone else.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=M3JrV5F9ecc3aaCLEtljuw_3d_3d

This project is partly an attempt to begin getting answers about the largely undocumented process by which applicants are decided upon. I've been conducting surveys among faculty for months and am adding student input fairly late in the process.

If you'd like to see the resultant paper, please don't hesitate to drop me a private message on here.

Thanks!

(Please do forward this link along.)

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help- for those who haven't considered replying, this project

is an attempt to help us- it's an argument for greater transparency in admissions. I really want to know if the profiles

of graduate students match the impressions I have :)

Again please feel free to ask me any questions or request a copy of the final paper.