PhD - Public Administration

euphonic

Hi guys,

I'm exploring PhD programs in Public Administration with concentrations in Information Technology Mgmt, Org Behavior and Performance Mgmt. Ideally, I'd like to find a program where I can take classes and conduct research in all three of these areas. I'm not sure whether I'd like to go into academia or work in the public/private sector after graduation. (I'm not interested in a master's degree.)

Strongly considering: SUNY Albany, Georgia Tech, GW

GRE: 730 Q, 610 V

Any suggestions for similar programs elsewhere? I'd like to be situated in a public affairs/policy school even though my interests are multi-disciplinary enough to be found in business, CIS, etc.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm exploring PhD programs in Public Administration with concentrations in Information Technology Mgmt, Org behavior and Performance Mgmt. Ideally, I'd like to find a program where I can take classes and conduct research in all three of these areas. I'm not sure whether I'd like to go into academia or work in the public/private sector after graduation. (I'm not interested in a master's degree.)

Strongly considering: SUNY Albany, Georgia Tech, GW

GRE: 730 Q, 610 V

Any suggestions for similar programs elsewhere? I'd like to be situated in a public affairs/policy school even though my interests are multi-disciplinary enough to be found in business, CIS, etc.

Thanks!

Hi there. I noticed that nobody has replied thus far and wanted to see if you had applied to any programs yet. Also, I was curious as to your choice of schools. I think SUNY Albany and GA Tech would be just fine in terms of your research interests (I know very little about GW), but are you primarily applying to these programs because they don't require a master's degree? Albany may be ideal in terms of combining the IT management and OB areas (I would envision classes and study with Rethemeyer, Abolafia, and Dawes, to name a few), and would also probably be the better option if you wanted to explore career opportunities in academia. If you're not interested in an academic job, then your choices open up quite a bit more. Hope the searching and decision-making has been fruitful for you.