Does anyone have any information on Southern Connecticut State University? 

I live 10 minutes away and I know that SCSU often gets a bad rep. Living at home and paying in-state tuition makes the most sense for me. I am very interested in the medical side of SLP and want to make sure this is a strong part of Southern's program. Any feedback on this? 

I'm looking for some info as well! I'm in state and really debating between SCSU's cheap tuition and the higher price tag of some more prestigious schools I've been accepted to. I'm also more interested in medical SLP, as well as leaving myself open to the possibility of a PhD in the future, so I'm wondering which route I should go. What's the bad rep you hear about SCSU?

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently in the graduate program at SCSU with an interest in working in the medical realm once I have completed the program. SCSU does a great job at structuring courses/clinic so that you are getting information and experience working with a wide range of ages and communication issues (including things you would see in a medical setting!). SCSU does get a bad rep as a lower tier CT school but you have to keep in mind that the graduate school is different than undergrad and, I've found, their speech program is great. The faculty has a wide range of expertise and many have very impressive resumes! Let me know if you have any specific questions I could answer.