Residency Results 2010

DaisyO

Hello Visual Artists:

I am reposting this earlier topic from the general section, where I think it has been forgotten since the subgenres were established.

The responses to it mainly discussed which places would make good photo residencies...so if you're interested in that, look at the old thread.

Anyway, thanks very much and good luck to you all! See below...

Hello all

I know this is a grad school forum, but naturally many of you will be applying for residencies as well. Skowhegan, MacDowell, Yaddo, Penland, Santa Fe, Core Program, Fine Arts Work Center, etc! I have applied for the Vermont Studio Center and the Millay Colony already. I am getting pretty anxious about the VSC, does anybody have results yet for 2010 residencies?

Yikes!

Good luck!

Bummer!

Just called Vermont Studio Center since more than 8 weeks had gone by (always a bad sign).

Didn't get the full fellowship or the months I requested...so I guess I'll be passing on this one!

Very sad; I thought it would have been nice. And, the Millay Colony is totally too hard to get into, so this was my big chance for the summer.

:(

Daisy.

• 1 month later...

Bummer!

Just called Vermont Studio Center since more than 8 weeks had gone by (always a bad sign).

Didn't get the full fellowship or the months I requested...so I guess I'll be passing on this one!

Very sad; I thought it would have been nice. And, the Millay Colony is totally too hard to get into, so this was my big chance for the summer.

:(

Daisy.

Sorry Daisy.

I'm not applying for residencies currently, but went to Jentel in 2007 and it was a wonderful place. Check it out for your next round of applications. ;)