Fletcher decisions coming soon...

Lusaker

This is really exciting! Congratulations to all who have been admitted EN, and to those who have been deferred: keep the hope alive, for the struggle continues. As zourah said, no room for defeatism this early in the game.

For those of you who know already that you are definitely coming to Fletcher next fall, welcome! I had originally applied at exactly this time last year, to start fall 2009, but was waitlisted and then bumped to the incoming Jan 2010 class. Today is the 14th of December and I have exactly one month before I begin at Fletcher, and I cannot tell you how SLOWLY the days are crawling by right now as I count down to the first day of orientation on 13th Jan. It's a very exciting time to be in IR, and an especially thrilling time to be at Fletcher [Google our Dean, Amb. Stephen Bosworth =)].

So excited, again, to see people hearing good news. Congrats!

I also received immediate email notifications that my recommendations had been submitted. That said, it took my Tufts account quite a while to reflect that the recommendations had been received (I don't remember exactly how long, but it was solidly within the 5-10 business day range). I expect that as long as they're submitted in time, that's what counts, but just be aware that the status in your online account might lag.

• 5 weeks later...

Submitted my Fletcher app two days ago! I thought I'd be worry-free by now, but am beset by new questions and concerns.

The first: For those of you admitted already, how long did it take for you to receive the GAMS email info from Fletcher? I've received two general confirmations for submitting my app, from the Tufts Grad. & Prof. Schools account on Embark, but nothing from Fletcher yet. All my LORs have moved to "received" status, and I submitted my app before the 15th, so my thoughts were that I'd receive the GAMS rather soon after I submitted my app, but I'm still waiting. Called the admissions office and they said I should receive it if all of my LORs were in.

I'm sure it'll come eventually, but any thoughts from EN admits or those admitted last year would really help!

Submitted my Fletcher app two days ago! I thought I'd be worry-free by now, but am beset by new questions and concerns.

The first: For those of you admitted already, how long did it take for you to receive the GAMS email info from Fletcher? I've received two general confirmations for submitting my app, from the Tufts Grad. & Prof. Schools account on Embark, but nothing from Fletcher yet. All my LORs have moved to "received" status, and I submitted my app before the 15th, so my thoughts were that I'd receive the GAMS rather soon after I submitted my app, but I'm still waiting. Called the admissions office and they said I should receive it if all of my LORs were in.

I'm sure it'll come eventually, but any thoughts from EN admits or those admitted last year would really help!

I'm in the same situation. I wouldn't begin to worry yet if I were you. They probably got such a massive influx of apps, they need some time.

STILL HAVEN'T!!!! but no worries, it will come. Good luck with your app.

I submitted my Fletcher application last Wednesday (the 13th) and received the GAMS email on Monday (the 18th). If you've read their admissions blog - which I would recommend, as it is both informative and lighthearted - they explain that this initial period usually freaks their applicants out, but generally, everything is running smoothly while they're simply just working on updating all the information online. So do not fret. I'm sure you'll hear soon.

As for having to wait until March... yikes. I once considered myself a patient person.

Edited by wednesdaybythesea

As I type this, I'm sitting in one of my classes this semester at Fletcher, and the Admissions Office is right down the hall. For the past three days -- and I'm sure it will continue through next week -- the Office has posted a large sign on the front door saying it's closed from 9am to 1pm every day for application processing.

As someone who was in your shoes last year, and having seen the Admissions Office's tremendous undertaking every year when applications are due, I want to echo the voices of people above and reassure all of you waiting to see updates on the GAMS system that everything is coming together, slowly but surely.

Unofficially, and this is only what I've heard through the Fletcher grapevine, somewhere in the ball park of 1800 applications were received this year. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. I don't share this for any other reason but to help you all understand how many applications need to be read, evaluated and decided in two months. That's a tall order.

Hang in there, and best of luck to all of you!

As I type this, I'm sitting in one of my classes this semester at Fletcher, and the Admissions Office is right down the hall. For the past three days -- and I'm sure it will continue through next week -- the Office has posted a large sign on the front door saying it's closed from 9am to 1pm every day for application processing.

As someone who was in your shoes last year, and having seen the Admissions Office's tremendous undertaking every year when applications are due, I want to echo the voices of people above and reassure all of you waiting to see updates on the GAMS system that everything is coming together, slowly but surely.

Unofficially, and this is only what I've heard through the Fletcher grapevine, somewhere in the ball park of 1800 applications were received this year. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. I don't share this for any other reason but to help you all understand how many applications need to be read, evaluated and decided in two months. That's a tall order.

Hang in there, and best of luck to all of you!

What's the average class size/# of admits to Fletcher? I have a friend in the MSFS who told me over a month ago they had over 1000 aps, and they don't accept more than 100 I dont think... so... highly highly selective. Somewhat unnerving.

You can full details here, but very quickly:

Incoming class was 262 students across six degree programs (MALD, MIB, LLM, PhD, MA and GMAP). The overwhelming majority is MALD. Perhaps around 200? That's just my personal, unofficial guess.

So I suppose your chances at Fletcher are statistically the same as MSFS.