This is what I getS

digits2006

So, I decided to be a work-o-holic on my applications. The majority of my apps are due on Jan 15. I decided to submit 8/10 already. Now, i wish i didnt. It is so nerve racking knowing I wont find out anything until February or March. I did have one deadline on Dec 1 and 2 on Dec 15. I wish they decide quickly so I can hear back some type of results. AHHHHHH I wish it was March right now.

Ha I did the same thing, and am also feeling that way! Although I do think it is possible we might hear back sooner than expected, and possibly around the same time as the December deadlines...our applications might be reviewed earlier than others, and since the December programs don't meet until after winter break, the difference might be moot. I was told by my one program with a Jan 15 that my application was complete and it would be reviewed in January when the admissions committee "first officially meets," which leads me to believe they may look at some before all arrive. Who knows though :)

I also finished my apps early thinking it would give me an opportunity to focus on this semester's work - but I can't! I just keep thinking, reading, talking about grad school and I don't want to bother with my actual school work. :o

Of course, I can't wait until Feb/March either. But that's so long from now!

Edited by ScreamingHairyArmadillo

Although I do think it is possible we might hear back sooner than expected, and possibly around the same time as the December deadlines...our applications might be reviewed earlier than others, and since the December programs don't meet until after winter break, the difference might be moot.

It's true that adcoms can take a long time to meet despite early deadlines, but I wouldn't expect for your application to be reviewed early just because you submitted it early. Except at schools with rolling admissions, I am pretty sure everything gets to the committee in one batch, and you'll hear together with everyone else.

Plus, seriously, if I'd known what to wish for last year, I would have wished for all the news to come at the same time! If you think the waiting is hard now, just wait until you get your first piece of news...I heard from one school about 3 weeks before I heard anything else, and about 5 weeks before when most of the action started, and that month in between was just awful...may the process be brief and happy for all of you! (:

Edited by socialpsych

Socialpsych, you're right. Designating a single day where all announcements were made at once would be much more merciful. The waiting now is KILLING me, but I'm sure it will get worse as real dates loom nearer, and my neurotic self starts freaking out about not hearing back from that ONE school that I *really* want to know about. Arrrggh.