Reliable Directory of Religious Studies Programs?

xypathos

So I realize that in some part the study of religion exists outside of its department - Classics, History, English+ (Lit, Rhetoric, etc), Philosophy, etc.

That said, I've in particular struggled finding religious studies programs that meet my specific interests. I would then imagine given my time here at TGC and the questions asked every year, that others are having this problem.

I realize websites like gradschools.com bring together sites but obviously for-profit univerisites are often ranked higher, programs with little to no connection to religion are listed, etc.

Is there, in everyone's opinion, a need for a directory of specific Religious Studies programs? Perhaps categorized by country, public v. private, historically strong AOIs, etc. Any attempt at a list would need to be curated as professors move, departments shift areas, programs close, etc. After some time expansion into corollary departments would be added.

Given the results and forums here, data available through phdstipend.com, and others - it would, I think, be advantageous to pool together resources into a collective front and making the data easily attainable for students.