bias in writing sample

fred987

I have two samples I need to present. Both have bias against international organizations and the US for their lack of involvement in international conflicts. I would assume this is the critical analysis they are looking for, but at the same time I'm concerned the bias may turn some admins off. What do you guys think, should I just present some more generic samples? Thanks

By "bias," do you mean that you take a strongly negative view of the U.S. and IOs throughout the paper, or that your conclusion is that the U.S. and IOs aren't engaging enough or are engaging improperly? Because if it's your conclusion, and it's strongly supported, I don't think it would be seen as bias.

If, however, the U.S.'s lack of involvement is a supporting factoid, then I think it might be problematic. Because "the U.S.'s lack of involvement in international conflicts" reads two ways. One--which is how I think you mean it--is "why aren't we doing anything in (for example) Darfur." The other is "um...the U.S. has a really nasty history of being involved in international conflicts that it probably shouldn't be in (e.g. just about everything we did in Latin America since the beginning of the Cold War)".

One thing you might do would be to look at the books and articles published by the faculty at the various programs (who will, of course, be the people on the adcomms). Is there lots of support for interventionist policies, or policies that are often supported by people who also support interventionist activity?