Application "on hold"?

curehp

I was told today that the first round of applications had gone out and that my application was "put on hold" untill they get to the second round. Does anyone know what that means? The woman I spoke with asked me if I was still interested in which I replied definately, so she said she would put a note on my application to indicate that I am still interested. Is this good or bad?

Thanks for the reply. Does that generally mean that they offered all of the available spots to the top applicants and they are waiting to see which of those decline the offers before admitting more people or is it that they still have spots open for the second round and just need to decide who to accept from the second group?

Some schools read in multiple cycles. So they may think your application is strong but they want to compare it against the other cycles. Schools that do this often have a small group of students left over at the end that are in this category...then they are evaluated and decisions are made.