List of PhD Programs

I will be applying to programs later this year for the fall 2017 semester.  I am just trying to ensure that I have a complete list of criminal justice/criminology doctoral programs in the United States. Please let me know if I have omitted any programs.

• Arizona State University
  • University of Arkansas at Little Rock
  • University of California - Irvine
  • University of Delaware
  • Florida State University
  • Univeristy of Central Florida
  • Univeristy of Florida
  • University of South Florida
  • University of Illinois at Chicago
  • Indiana University at Bloomington
  • University of Louisville
  • University of Maryland
  • Northeastern University
  • Michigan State University
  • University of Southern Mississippi
  • University of Missouri at St. Louis
  • University of Nebraska at Omaha
  • Rutgers University - Newark Campus
  • John Jay College of Criminal Justice
  • University at Albany, SUNY
  • North Dakota State University
  • University of Cincinnati
  • Indiana University at Pennsylvania
  • Pennsylvania State University - University Park
  • Temple University
  • University of Pennsylvania
  • University of South Carolina
  • Prairie View A&M University
  • Sam Houston State University
  • Texas State University San Marcos
  • University of Texas at Dallas
  • George Mason University
  • Old Dominion University
  • Washington State University
  • American University
Edited by OmarComin'

6 hours ago, CrimTheory said:

It looks like you may be missing a couple. 

Check out this link- https://www.asc41.com/links/gradPrograms.html

That is the website I have used, but most of those are not specifically criminology/criminal justice programs.  The programs they have asterisked that are not in my list are not specifically criminal justice degrees; they are sociology programs with a specialization in criminal justice.  SIU Carbondale does, however, offer a PhD in criminal justice, and I was missing that, but the website does not have it asterisked.  Additionally, the list is missing missing programs (i.e., University of Louisville).

• 2 weeks later...

You may want to make sure that certain schools have a strong area of study which you are interested in. This will undoubtedly cut this list into a third of the size, or less. I would recommend researching that as it is not only easier on your wallet (it's expensive to apply), you want to get accepted to a school where you feel comfortable and they support your research ideas.  With this being said, you missed Florida International which has a Ph.D. focusing on international crime if that sparks your interest (it's a very new program if I recall). Best of luck. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2016 at 4:35 PM, Partinrn said:

You may want to make sure that certain schools have a strong area of study which you are interested in. This will undoubtedly cut this list into a third of the size, or less. I would recommend researching that as it is not only easier on your wallet (it's expensive to apply), you want to get accepted to a school where you feel comfortable and they support your research ideas.  With this being said, you missed Florida International which has a Ph.D. focusing on international crime if that sparks your interest (it's a very new program if I recall). Best of luck. 

Yes, of course! I plan on applying to ~5 programs, but I wanted to make sure I had a complete list of all programs so that I can select the best fits.  I was not aware of the Florida International program; however, I am not interested in international studies. I do appreciate you pointing out that I missed the program though.

• 2 weeks later...