Any reputable online grad schools?

Hello,

I am at 32 year old with a wife and 3 children.  I have a BA in psychology and am looking to further my education.  being that I have a family and work 50 hours a week I am on the search for a reputable and accredited online college.  I was hoping someone had some recommendations.  Thanks!

Do you have an end-goal for your extended education? Is it for personal enrichment, employment advancement, or something else. Are you looking for more classes in psychology, to get another degree... none of the above? I think your answers will have some bearing on the ultimate decision you make as to where you plan to attend school. That being said, many schools have an online component. I bet your alma mater for your BA does too. You probably knew that already, so, were you looking for something they can't offer? Good luck!

I am looking to go into a Masters course and potentially obtaining an PhD in the future.  The college I graduated from only offers day classes for some reason and that is out of the question.  Besides they only take the top 5 out of 200 students each year to participate in their grad school program.  I am very hesitant on picking an online college, I am not sure why, I guess it is just a feeling.  Eventually, I would like to use my degrees to get a job in counseling or something related.

Lots of programs offer online versions of their MA or PhD programs, with reduced residency requirements. For example, in RhetComp, both Old Dominion and Texas Tech (good programs) offer online degrees that require grad students to spend only a few weeks or less a summer on campus. Schools like the University of Maryland and Arizona State have robust online programs. That said, some fields may not offer full degrees online through reputable programs, and, if the eventual goal is teaching or research with that PhD you are going to have a hard time finding a job coming out of a distance program

On 6/11/2016 at 3:18 AM, bobbystrange said:

I am looking to go into a Masters course and potentially obtaining an PhD in the future.  The college I graduated from only offers day classes for some reason and that is out of the question.  Besides they only take the top 5 out of 200 students each year to participate in their grad school program.  I am very hesitant on picking an online college, I am not sure why, I guess it is just a feeling.  Eventually, I would like to use my degrees to get a job in counseling or something related.

In what discipline? Many universities offer online courses, and you can see the delivery method in the course catalogue. I think it would be easier to give you advice if we knew what degree (not just MA or PhD, but in what.) Are you looking at Phsychology or Social work? Or something I didn't think of...?