Harvard application question

lj123

Hey, all.

I've been working on finishing up my Harvard application, and I've gotten to the last section "Additional Academic Information" where we're apparently supposed to upload our CV, GRE scores, and writing sample...but it only allows us to upload one document, and the application says it's a 20 pg limit to the document. Does the sociology dept really want us to combine this all into one document? And in 20 pgs? My writing sample alone is longer than that...

I was wondering if anyone had contacted the sociology dept about their preferences?

Thanks!

I just made one document out of my CV and writing sample, and mine was over 20 pages as well, because that's about how long my writing sample was by itself. You've made me worry a bit...but I do think it's fine as long as you're close. They can stop reading after 20 pages if they feel like it. :)

No worries, I emailed the department, and they said to combine everything but to not worry about the 20 pg limit--it just has to be under 1 mg.

Thanks for looking into that, LJ, did you apply for sociology or sociology/social policy? (or both?)