NDSEG 2007

ZachAJ

"I stand corrected. There are rounds??"

There definitely were rounds last year (I applied last year and didn't get it). Some people found out they won many days after others had already known. I'm not sure how the rounds work though. I don't know whether they release all the winners in research area X at once or if it's according to something else.

nothing yet. although I think NSF had the same date listed, and they posted a week early. Hopefully NDSEG won't be weeks late this year...

How late were they last year? And do you know how they did rounds last year... was it announced by discipline?

Last year was an exceptional case. Something went wrong over at their office and it caused a big delay (I didn't get my results emailed to me until April 18th). Given how close the rounds were last year and that they say the first round this year is April 2nd, I'm guessing everyone will hear back sometime next week (just my guess).

I must confess that I'm very excited by the prospect of receiving an e-mail from ASEE tomorrow. The NDSEG is the last fellowship I'm waiting to hear from, and then I'll be able to construct a clear picture of my graduate career. It'd be nice if they would post all the winners on their website at once, the way NSF does. I just hope I won't have to spend another two weeks waiting for an e-mail.

If anything wouldn't releasing the results earlier lessen the number of phone calls? I imagine people are mostly calling to find out their results, so I'd think there'd be less calls if people already knew the winners.

EDIT: Unless they're only planning to release a small fraction of the results today...they did this round stuff last year too and I didn't get my email until April 18th.

"You have been selected as an alternate in the 2007 National Defense

Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowship competition. We

have requested that initial selectees respond to our offer by next

Monday, April 9, 2007. On Tuesday, April 10, you will receive an email

notification as to whether you have been selected to receive one of the

2007 NDSEG Fellowships. We thank you for your interest in the NDSEG

Fellowship Program, and will be in touch soon!"

I guess that means another week of waiting ...

I was curious how many applicants applied? Im my acceptance email they said "Your application was selected by the ONR from over 3,400 applications that were received this year." I assume that they divided up our applications and sent it off to different DOD departments .... does anyone know... i ma just curious...

Best of luck to you all.