Master in Applied statistics with low GPA

Hass

Hi I am a statistical and unfortunately I have a low undergrad GPA 2.02, Now I wanted to get into a Master applied statistics as an international student. Since I had such a low GPA I was told that having experience in this field would help.. Iam Data analysis and have about 11 years experience in Statistical research .I want contiounou my Phd in future. I Am planing for  good university would accept me for the Spring 2017... Are there any universities that might be willing to at least consider my application...

Thank you

7 hours ago, Hass said:

Hi I am a statistical and unfortunately I have a low undergrad GPA 2.02, Now I wanted to get into a Master applied statistics as an international student. Since I had such a low GPA I was told that having experience in this field would help.. Iam Data analysis and have about 11 years experience in Statistical research .I want contiounou my Phd in future. I Am planing for  good university would accept me for the Spring 2017... Are there any universities that might be willing to at least consider my application...

Thank you

That is a very low GPA. However, as they said, you can make it up with good working experience. Given that you have 11 years of working experience, I have the impression you will have a good chance at being admitted at MAS programs and that you will pay for them (I say this because most people I know are being funded, even in the MAS, but they have better GPAs). You should have excellent recommendation letters and GRE's, you should also study more English.

I also have to say that the theoretical requirements for the MAS are lower than those for the PhD/MS, so it may not be very easy to make the switch. Good luck.