What should I choose?

lm10

I know the title is a bit vague, but well, here goes...

I am an IT undergrad from India in my sophomore year. I have my heart set on graduate school, as I am very interested in IT and Computer Science, and I know that I will enjoy working in the field later on.

However, I am not interested in doing research, I am more interested in joining the industry. MUCH more interested, in fact. Practical application of my knowledge is what attracts me more than anything else.

In this case, should I go for an MS or a PhD later on? Which degree is more useful and also, which program would be easier to obtain admission in? Also, what would be more valued in the industry?

Computer Science as an industry doesn't care about your degree more than almost any other field. If you have no interest in research it's unclear why you'd bother with a graduate program.

Except as a gateway to a job in America? Getting a master's degree tends to make that easier. I think after that it's diminishing returns. Some companies even take a dim view of people with PhD degrees. Anyways, a Master's degree is usually the right middle ground and also the appropriate degree.

That said, Masters programs are flooded with applicants trying to do exactly what you're doing, so gaining admission can be tough. There seems to be very little compelling reason for you to try and get admitted as a PhD student though. You would have no interest in a PhD program in CS if you don't like research and schools would likely have little interest in your application for the same reason. That wouldn't be a good match for anyone.