Should I ask someone who's currently abroad?

Luneth

Hello, I am new here. I am planning to apply for a master degree in 2017. Now I am trying to get some recommendation letters. The thing is, the former head of my programme is currently living abroad. He was among ones who knew me. I took a few subjects he taught, he was there in my thesis defence, I did visit him outside classes, etc, AND one year ago, I already told him I have a plan to continue my study in the future and asked whether he'd write me a recommendation letter or not when the time comes and he already said yes. A few days ago I sent him an email asking for LoR and I attached my transcript to remind him of me. He still hasn't replied.

Is it worth pursuing?

Yes, a few days is not a long time to wait for a response. Even if someone is abroad, they should still be able to write a letter if they wanted to (and they did say they want to). Just wait until a week has passed and send a reminder email if you have not heard anything.

1 hour ago, TakeruK said:

Yes, a few days is not a long time to wait for a response. Even if someone is abroad, they should still be able to write a letter if they wanted to (and they did say they want to). Just wait until a week has passed and send a reminder email if you have not heard anything.

The thing is, he forgets things easily. I mean, I am sure he still remembers me, but he most likely forgets he said yes to writing a LoR one year ago. With him being busy, taking a long time to reply, etc, I am afraid coordinating will be difficult. I need the letter signed and stamped, like.. do I ask him to post it internationally too? 

It's almost a week since I emailed him. Should I follow up if he still hasn't reply by the end of this week?