GRE Question for Speech Path at NOVA Southeastern

rwomack00

Question

Hey guys!

I'm applying for the Summer 2017 M.S Speech Path. program at NOVA. I've looked at the requirements and I was shocked to see GRE scores weren't listed for requirements. Should I still send scores or no? I've taken the test before, but didn't get the score I really wanted. I'm just wondering if it'll be a waste of money. Thanks!!

11 answers to this question

I've applied to several online speech pathology and sociology programs, and two of the sociology programs don't require GRE scores. I had a few questions about application information. When I asked them, I also asked about GRE scores - just to make sure they aren't required. I just wanted to be sure.

I would contact the university just to be sure. That way your application isn't incomplete just in case they are required but aren't listed as a requirement.

Is this NOVA Southeastern University that you applied to? Are you applying to the online program?

5 hours ago, speechfan222 said:

I've applied to several online speech pathology and sociology programs, and two of the sociology programs don't require GRE scores. I had a few questions about application information. When I asked them, I also asked about GRE scores - just to make sure they aren't required. I just wanted to be sure.

I would contact the university just to be sure. That way your application isn't incomplete just in case they are required but aren't listed as a requirement.

Is this NOVA Southeastern University that you applied to? Are you applying to the online program?

Yes, it is NOVA Southeastern University and yes, I am

Yeah, there are a few others. The ASHA website actually has a PDF of all graduate speech pathology programs and which ones offer online programs. I printed it out and researched each one of them. I applied to a few of them already including Tennessee State University and Eastern New Mexico University. NYU has a brand new online speech pathology program, but I just found out today that the courses are 'live' online. You have to log in at a specific time and listen to a lecture rather than reading powerpoint slides and taking exams whenever you prefer. That program doesn't work for me, so I'm not going to apply to NYU. And it's so expensive!!

I have not heard much about the NOVA program. I didn't even know NYU had the live online courses.

And, I just saw this post. Sometimes I get notifications when comments are made in response to my comments and sometimes I don't. I usually have to look through the threads I commented on to see if there are any new comments. Do you have any idea why I don't receive notifications for every thread? Weird.

Check out that list on the ASHA website and let me know what other online programs you may consider. I'm curious. Are you planning on starting in the Spring or Fall semester?

1 hour ago, SLP2BE123 said:

TSU also has a live online program. You log in at a specific time and have face to face with the professors. I don't think Nova's is live online.

TSU is live as well? I have been speaking with somebody from TSU's Speech Pathology Dept and I'm aware that it's not a live online program.

Why don't the schools give detailed information whether they're live or not in the program description? :/