Vanderbilt GRE and TOEFL delay

mario

Hey, just want to now if someone has applied to Vanderbilt... i'm applying to the Spanish programm. I completed the online app (1st of november), my recomenders sent the 3 letters, they recieved the copies of my records and diploma (i don't know why they wanted 2) but the standarized tests (in my case GRE and TOEFL because i'm international) don't show up in the system yet....i've talked to the chair of the department and she told me to send unofficial scanned copies, that it is ok, if i'm accepted then they will ask for the official scores, but still... all the others schools receieved them (yale, brown and cornell)

i took both tests in october, they were reported in mid november.... i don't know if vander system is slow usually (it's free after all) but want some insights from people applying...

thanks!

Hey, just want to now if someone has applied to Vanderbilt... i'm applying to the Spanish programm. I completed the online app (1st of november), my recomenders sent the 3 letters, they recieved the copies of my records and diploma (i don't know why they wanted 2) but the standarized tests (in my case GRE and TOEFL because i'm international) don't show up in the system yet....i've talked to the chair of the department and she told me to send unofficial scanned copies, that it is ok, if i'm accepted then they will ask for the official scores, but still... all the others schools receieved them (yale, brown and cornell)

i took both tests in october, they were reported in mid november.... i don't know if vander system is slow usually (it's free after all) but want some insights from people applying...

thanks!

I guess something is wrong with their system. I sent my GRE score on 12/18/09 but my application status still shows official GRE scores not received. I have applied for the interdisciplinary graduate program in biomedical sciences. A friend of mine who has applied to the same program has the same problem with his TOEFL score. What's worse is that both of us have contacted our program coord regarding this about a week ago but neither of us has got an answer from her yet!

Edited by Tulip11

I guess something is wrong with their system. I sent my GRE score on 12/18/09 but my application status still shows official GRE scores not received. I have applied for the interdisciplinary graduate program in biomedical sciences. A friend of mine who has applied to the same program has the same problem with his TOEFL score. What's worse is that both of us have contacted our program coord regarding this about a week ago but neither of us has got an answer from her yet!

mine were should arrived mid-november (i took gre 7-oct and toefl 31-oct), so, yes, maybe there is a glitch with their system. the chair of my dept was very easy to contact and very helpful. i contacted her in early october, when i was still thinking of schools and she had a very possitive approach (VU is one of my top schools, one of the best spanish departments and very well funded) thanks god for that. So maybe, you should contact the chair of your school, talk to him or hem....

Edited by mario

mine were should arrived mid-november (i took gre 7-oct and toefl 31-oct), so, yes, maybe there is a glitch with their system. the chair of my dept was very easy to contact and very helpful. i contacted her in early october, when i was still thinking of schools and she had a very possitive approach (VU is one of my top schools, one of the best spanish departments and very well funded) thanks god for that. So maybe, you should contact the chair of your school, talk to him or hem....

someone else with this problem?

And reviving this thread for a second to rant:

My undergrad transcript sent to Vanderbilt is THE LAST THING that is unaccounted for for all of my applications. I sent it Dec 29, so I figured today wasn't "too early" to give them a call to check the status, since their deadline is Jan 15.

The lady in the department was really nice and helpful, but said all supplemental material was sent to them from the Office of Grad Admissions and to give them a call instead.

I gave them a call, prefacing my explanation with "I know this might be obnoxious, but...." - the guy I talked to was extremely unhelpful and condescending. I fully understand they're going over thousands of applications for multiple departments, but if he had the time to answer the phone and he's doing the job, he had the time to be courteous (even falsely so).

But I'm not worried - even just talking to the lady in the specific department was fine, she gave me the impression that it's apparent absence even after deadline was not a death sentence, which after having called a few places and reading it *over and over* on here, I feel that's true.

It was more that I just wanted to make sure I'd done everything I could, especially since this would be the Very Last Thing I have to submit.

/vent

Edited by sew8d