TAMU admissions

Aunuwyn

I wonder what particular fields those persons who have been accepted to are involved in? I applied trying to do work in IR and methods since its a very quant heavy program.

Hmm...I'm kind of skeptical of those results. They just started reviewing last week I doubt if they are already sending out acceptances. I would take those results with a grain of salt.

Hmm...I'm kind of skeptical of those results. They just started reviewing last week I doubt if they are already sending out acceptances. I would take those results with a grain of salt.

Maybe it's the same guy/girl who got into UC-Berkeley three times :-)

For reasons of mental sanity I would like to believe them to be false, but looking at last years results people started recieving acceptances the Wednesday of this week. That and I was told they would admit people as they reviewed the files.

For reasons of mental sanity I would like to believe them to be false, but looking at last years results people started recieving acceptances the Wednesday of this week. That and I was told they would admit people as they reviewed the files.

Well, let's just hope not everyone received a letter yet.

I am not applying to TAMU, but if it's the same as last year, they sort of drip out admissions. I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard yet!

I called again today and I was told that hey have not reviewed the majority of the folders yet including mine so hope remains friends.

I called again today and I was told that hey have not reviewed the majority of the folders yet including mine so hope remains friends.

I wonder how many they accepted last year? I looked at their website and a lot of the current grad students are on the market.

I wonder how many they accepted last year? I looked at their website and a lot of the current grad students are on the market.

A lot of those guys have been ABD or full PhD's for a while. I don't want to name names but I took undergrad classes from some of them and that was a while ago.

TAMU takes about 12 to 15 people a year.

A lot of those guys have been ABD or full PhD's for a while. I don't want to name names but I took undergrad classes from some of them and that was a while ago.

TAMU takes about 12 to 15 people a year.

Have you met a lot of the faculty at atm?

• 3 weeks later...

When you check your status online, do any of you have anything different than "Political Science will contact you if any additional departmentally-required materials are missing from your application for admission."

Nope, that is exactly what I have. I kind of wish it would go ahead and update, but I am just paranoid like that. I am betting that the department will wait until they have a batch and do them all at once. I will let you guys know if/when it changes.

Excellent, we are on opposite sides of TAMU's specialty in IR and Methods. I want to work with formal modeling and statistical analysis to look at political economy as a determinant or factor in interstate war. I also want to look at economic coercion.

Now any TAMU adcomm reading this knows exactly who I am...

Excellent, we are on opposite sides of TAMU's specialty in IR and Methods. I want to work with formal modeling and statistical analysis to look at political economy as a determinant or factor in interstate war. I also want to look at economic coercion.

Now any TAMU adcomm reading this knows exactly who I am...

You assume that they did not already know who you were after you posted your acceptance.