UofChicago NELC

tisch63

I applied for the Persian Language and Literature PhD program and am anxious too. I applied for the same last year, but they turned me down and offered me admission into their MAPH program with half tuition, which I didn't take. I'm cautiously optimistic about this year, though!

• 2 weeks later...

I applied for the Persian Language and Literature PhD program and am anxious too. I applied for the same last year, but they turned me down and offered me admission into their MAPH program with half tuition, which I didn't take. I'm cautiously optimistic about this year, though!

I'm cautiously optimistic too! Which has me really dreading when I'm rejected-I'm going to take it really badly. The reason I'm optimistic is that I visited the program and a few professors in December and they all agreed I am a great candidate but then they use their disclaimer of not knowing how many slots they will have and how many applicants. It seems that a lot of people are offered into the Master's instead.... I guess another reason to make more money?

GOOD LUCK!!!! Hopefully we will hear soon