Has anyone ever been in the Exchange Scholar Program?

borednow

Just to clarify, this is a program that allows graduate students to study for one or two semesters in other participating institutions. Participating institutions include Harvard University; University of California, Berkeley; Brown University; University of Chicago; Columbia University; Cornell University; Massachusetts Institute of Technology; University of Pennsylvania; Princeton University; Stanford University; and Yale University.

For anyone who had experience with this program, how straightforward is the application process, and how does funding work? Do you get extra funding for relocation etc.?

The application process is straight forward. Generally you need a Department Chair and Dean of both institutions to approve it. There's no extra funding for relocation or at least I've never heard of anyone getting any.

I presume you're a student at one of these ten schools? If so, I'd check with your department chair as they've likely dealt with specifics before. Occasionally extra charges are levied against the students, generally dealing with health insurance. If you're not a student, I'm sorry your SOL as several of the schools mention they'll only accept students from one of the other ten programs due to tuition purposes and academic expectations.