MPA at OSU -- Any good?

Hi,

Has anyone heard of OSU's MPA program? I know it's ranked 42 on U.S. News, but how does it really compare with programs at Duke, Brown and GW? I have been accepted at all four, but OSU's offering me the most financial aid.

Any information would be great!

Hi d_redonda. I'm sorry, but I haven't heard anything about OSU (I'm an international applicant). Did you apply for a MPA at GW or the MPP? I got admitted there (MPP), but almost no one on this forums mentiones that program (or at least the University). Did you attend the accepted students session at GW? Any info you could provide would be great. Best...

Hi jgc,

I, too, got admitted to the MPP program at GW. However, they are not offering me any funding. And like you, I am an international applicant and didn't get to attend any of the Visitation Day Events. Regarding GW, it's a great school. For the Public Affairs rankings you could read through the posts on this board -- someone had posted all the U.S. News rankings for Public Affairs schools.

Hope this helps!

Hi d_redonda! Finally someone to commiserate with about GW! Really, almost no one on these forums applied to GW's MPP. I applied to GW (Mpp, admitted), AmericanU (Mpp, admitted), Columbia (MPA, waitlisted) and UMaryland (MPP, and haven'te heard from them). Congrats on all your acceptances!! Are you awaiting for any other response besides Duke, Brown or OSU? Did you get any financial assistance from any of those schools? I applied to GW's global leaders fellowship (special for international applicants) and will be hearing about it in early may. I really like the program there, and am planningt to take the international development policy field. FRom what I've read and asked, the program focuses on both on policy analysis and the politics surrounding policy process. That really thrive me to apply there even though the school's website doesn't provide much info. The policy field is also well supported thanks to the Elliot School of intl affairs. As I understand, I would be able to take some classes at the Elliot or even at any other school of the consortium (several schools in the DC area). And even though I'm not good with numbers, I decided to go for the MPP because it would be really helpful for my career... Also, I visited the school last year and the people there have been really helpful. I have emailed the grad coordinator and it takes a long to receive her comments, but she has responded to all of my emails.

What about you? Please share your thoughts. Which is your top choice among your schools?