Fulbright Application Mistake

Wjtara37

Question

Hi all,

I recently applied at large to the Fulbright US Student Research Award. I was originally slated to apply through my home institution but their deadline was a month and a half before the national deadline, and a couple weeks before my school's deadline, the professor writing me a letter of affiliation backed out on me and I had to scramble to find another professor. A few weeks later I found two more professors, but they sent their letters of affiliation past my school's deadline but before the national deadline.

I misinterpreted Fulbright's website where it said there is no disadvantage to applying at large and a friend applying for Fulbright at another school said his advisor said applying at large is an option if you can't make your school's application deadline, so I thought I could apply at large. 

I read today elsewhere on Fulbright's website that students currently enrolled at an institution must apply through that institution and not at large.

I'm panicking and bummed out right now. Will my application be thrown out automatically? What should I do in this situation? I contacted the Fulbright advisor at my school to see what her take on the situation is. Has anyone else made this mistake? 

Thank you! 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet