Chances of being accepted into a top 5 program in criminology?

Square49

Question

Hello all, I am posting this in order to get a little more clarity on my chances of getting into a top 5 program. My composite gre score is 317 (159 V, 158Q), and my GPA is a 4.0. However, I attend a new Masters program that has not garnered the reputation that many of the big MA programs have. I have been afforded many opportunities in my program though, and I will have two publications (possibly three) by the time I graduate. I really want to get into SUNY, but is it harder to get into there than Maryland? I believe they have a smaller program, and therefore accept fewer students. I am also perhaps interested in applying to a few soc programs, but I do not know if my GRE scores are quite good enough to get into a top tier program. My research interests and experiences align closely with Dr. Fox at Cal Berkeley which may bode well; but again, I do not know if my GRE scores even make me competitive for that program.  

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet