Receipt of Subject Exam?

I'm an English applicant, so I'm hoping someone like me might know the answer to this...

Do a lot of schools not post receipt of the GRE Subject Exam on the online checklist?

ETS swears they've been sent and my General test has arrived, but it says they're waiting on the Subject.

Could have sworn I read about this happening to others but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Turns out I am a total idiot and didn't see that ETS only reports scores that have been reported by the date you order them.

I just paid another two hundred dollars to have everything resent, and I realized that I completely left one of the schools off the GRE list and so they have gotten NOTHING from me but my self reported scores.

At least the other schools got my General scores...but no one contacted me wondering about my scores. I'm hoping this means that they are just looking at my self reported and if they want me they'd have asked for official ones before letting me in.

I'm afraid it means they threw me in the reject pile and now I have completely no shot at getting in anywhere. Wow I can't believe I was so completely stupid.

Turns out I am a total idiot and didn't see that ETS only reports scores that have been reported by the date you order them.

I just paid another two hundred dollars to have everything resent, and I realized that I completely left one of the schools off the GRE list and so they have gotten NOTHING from me but my self reported scores.

At least the other schools got my General scores...but no one contacted me wondering about my scores. I'm hoping this means that they are just looking at my self reported and if they want me they'd have asked for official ones before letting me in.

I'm afraid it means they threw me in the reject pile and now I have completely no shot at getting in anywhere. Wow I can't believe I was so completely stupid.

I think I'm in the same boat. ETS only reports scores that have been reported by the date you ordered them!? Where do they state that? I ordered my subject test and general test scores sent before I had gotten the subject back. I have received a couple of emails that my subject test scores were not received by schools. When I called ETS about this, they said they had two separate files on me, and that they subject test scores should go out when the files are "merged" (a process that takes 10 days apparently). But if the case is they simply don't send them out if you request them sent before they've been reported, I may have already been tossed out of consideration. And I'm too deep in debt from the application process to re-order subject test scores sent.

If you make a (free) my GRE account, under your scores is the phrase:

"Requested scores are sent only if available on report date"

I took this to mean that they only send the scores you requested if they are availible the next time they send reports (I think every two weeks)

I'm hoping that the self report on the application as well as the official general test will be looked at (at least) and they won't throw everything out because the subject score is not in yet. I feel really awful I hope I didn't screw my chances.

If you can't afford to get everything resent maybe they will accept a fax of the score report and maybe you will only have to send the official report places you are accepted? Or maybe ETS will show some mercy and correct the misunderstanding. I was a little impulsive and reordered everything, but I hope it works out for you and you don't have to do the same.

If you make a (free) my GRE account, under your scores is the phrase:

"Requested scores are sent only if available on report date"

I took this to mean that they only send the scores you requested if they are availible the next time they send reports (I think every two weeks)

I'm hoping that the self report on the application as well as the official general test will be looked at (at least) and they won't throw everything out because the subject score is not in yet. I feel really awful I hope I didn't screw my chances.

If you can't afford to get everything resent maybe they will accept a fax of the score report and maybe you will only have to send the official report places you are accepted? Or maybe ETS will show some mercy and correct the misunderstanding. I was a little impulsive and reordered everything, but I hope it works out for you and you don't have to do the same.

I will wrangle with ETS on the phone about it this week. When you re-ordered scores, do you know how long it took for them to go out to schools? Even two weeks might be pushing it for schools that had deadlines in December, but it is better than nothing. I don't know why it is infrequent and so expensive when I feel like all they have to do is press a button to send a score electronically.

I have been in communication with one school that says they will need the scores by next week to consider my application (and cannot accept self-reported scores or a scan in place of official electronic scores). My concern is that those schools that are overwhelmed with applicants and do not send out personal emails about missing items in an application may just disregard mine altogether.

I hope everything works out for you too. I'm glad you caught the fine print on the GRE website. It doesn't mention this issue anywhere on the paper receipt for reports of scores.

I have been in communication with one school that says they will need the scores by next week to consider my application (and cannot accept self-reported scores or a scan in place of official electronic scores). My concern is that those schools that are overwhelmed with applicants and do not send out personal emails about missing items in an application may just disregard mine altogether.

On the ETS site, doesn't it say that if you pay to report your scores, they'll send them in five business days? So the stuff that applies to free scores, the two week thing, shouldn't apply.

Here's the quote from the site, under 'additional score reports': "Score reports will be mailed to you and to your designated institutions approximately five business days after your request."

I know that this was the case when I asked for additional reports. So if you ordered them tomorrow, you might be in luck...

On the ETS site, doesn't it say that if you pay to report your scores, they'll send them in five business days? So the stuff that applies to free scores, the two week thing, shouldn't apply.

Here's the quote from the site, under 'additional score reports': "Score reports will be mailed to you and to your designated institutions approximately five business days after your request."

I know that this was the case when I asked for additional reports. So if you ordered them tomorrow, you might be in luck...

I spoke with ETS today. No hassle, no additional payment, scores will be sent tomorrow. Amazing, after the other problems I've had with them.

I talked with someone at ETS also, and they told me 3-5 business days, so that's pretty much in line with what the website says. I'm hoping they send it ASAP so that my heart rate returns to normal.

We CAN'T be the only ones to have done this. Also, getting an email about these issues is why I didn't grumble more about paying high application fees. I figure $105 to get a short note if something major like this didn't arrive is not too much to ask.

Just for a little reference:

Princeton didn't even want a photocopy and said they'd add scores as soon as they arrived

Rutgers asks for a photocopy of GREs

Michigan sent an email because they had NO scores from me, and then accepted a photocopy

Yale sends incomplete files to your department and adds stuff as it is sent along

Just thought I'd throw that information out in case it is of any use to anyone.

Ugh dealing with ETS is pretty much a nightmare, I had many of the same problems in my English apps last year. Once in a while, though, if you call and you get an actual human being and that human being is a NICE person, then things get cleared up and straightened out, no problem. Last year I had to call and wrangle with those people twice, and once it was really difficult and once it was amazingly easy. To me, this says that the system CAN work smoothly if operated by people who understand the bumps and actually want to help...but generally those people are hard to find. *sigh* Ah, bureaucracy...