What Master's degree will help most with classroom management?

Helen10

Question

Hello all,

I am a first-year ESL teacher looking to improve my classroom management through graduate school. I thought I had found the perfect solution with Graceland University's MEd in Management in a Quality Classroom, but I called them and it turns out that they have discontinued the program. There are a couple other universities that offer Master’s degrees in education with concentrations in Classroom Management; so far the only places I’ve been able to find besides for-profit schools are Peru State and Bethel University, and they only offer a couple of courses in classroom management and the rest are in other things. A site called Master’s in Teaching said that a Master’s in Classroom Management was possible, but the universities they listed didn’t seem to have the program.

So if anyone knows of a University that offers a Classroom Management degree, that would be my ideal happy solution. However, I’m thinking that my search is in vain. So, what would be a good alternative field for me to study? Educational Psychology? Applied Behavioral Analysis? I’m looking for a field that would help me improve my behavior management and get control of my classroom, with as many classroom management courses as possible but I could also see the benefit of psychology courses or anything that will help me manage behavior.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet