Should I retake the GRE?

naturally_curious

I stayed up all night before the exam since I had to take the train to another city to the test center. My prep was reviewing the GRE vocab only once or twice; I still finished 30 minutes early and got a 166/165 which is 97th percentile and 91th percentile, respectively? But I can do better definitely. I aim for UK PhD econ programs, should I retake?

More details -- Why am I so fixated on the GRE? Because I have nothing else going for me. I have a BA from an Ivy League, am a current MSc student at a UK top 3-5 economics department(arguably). I also have 4.5 years of work experience at a central bank, some of which involved economics research and lots of reading academic papers. However I have NO math credits at undergrad and my GPA is unbearably low(if it were high I think I'd be at t14 law instead). I also got interviews from the likes of INSEAD but MBA seemed risky since my previous experience won't help at all in changing industries, which increase the risk that I will get a crappy job after MBA substantially. 

Seriously, should I retake? I'm going for Cambridge, UCL, Essex, York and so forth. I might try later after working a few more years. I'm shunning the other top3(Oxford, LSE, Warwick) because they're either too long or too hard to get into or both. I want to work in policy or economic consulting, not academia so I don't want to lose too much time researching and publishing. 

Hopefully Cambridge would consider me...

Edited by red_alert_3