320 GRE Score. 4.0 Analytical Writing. US applicant; will writing score hurt me

emfarce

So I got a 320 on the GRE; 159 verbal and 161 quant. Good enough for 82nd and 79th percentile respectively. I got only a 4.0 on writing though, which is pretty bad for me imo. I have 3 strong recs, two PI's and one professor emeritus from my undergraduate institution, and a 3.15 GPA. Given all this, how are my chances to get into a top 55 program? I have about 5 schools that are ranked 55th-130th, but I'm curious to see how high my ceiling is for schools that I have at least a chance in.

Cheers!

-Kartik

Just now, blc073 said:

Your GRE score doesn't matter, I would be more worried about your 3.15 GPA. What's the story there? 

Got off to a bad start freshman year, but last 2 1/2 years I had around a 3.55 GPA. Hoping they see this, as I mentioned it in my statement of purpose. Coupled with good GRE scores and strong recs I think I should be ok.

15 minutes ago, emfarce said:

Got off to a bad start freshman year, but last 2 1/2 years I had around a 3.55 GPA. Hoping they see this, as I mentioned it in my statement of purpose. Coupled with good GRE scores and strong recs I think I should be ok.

If you don't get in, it will not be your GRE. Don't worry about that.