northeastern english lit

Does anyone know much about the Northeastern program? I was planning on applying but it is the last school I was doing research on since the application is due 2/1. I had been looking around before and even mentioned the name to professors and there were no red flags. However, I now see they only have specifically 1 person working on the later American novel. She fits my other interests pretty well too but one person=slim chance I fear...

• 1 month later...

Given the incredibly late deadline, I'm not counting on hearing anything anytime soon.

that is the answer i could've given myself, but was looking for a way out of :P

someone posted they got notified, though. this to me is very curious.

I can claim the acceptance on the board to Northeastern. If you want to know how I approached this season, I did a four tier app process with several schools in each tier. My "safeties" were Miami and UNLV (Las Vegas). I had a lot of help from my boyfriend, who is an English professor. He helped me identify schools, I prepped my faculty, and I worked my ass off. I made sure to mention faculty in every SOP, and I applied to 16 schools. I have good recs and a really crazy good academic record, but my publishing and writing is a bit weak. So far, I am 4 yes's, 4 nos, and two waitlists, but frankly, the six remaining all seem to be no's, in which case I will have had 4/16. I should say I turned in this app early. What a horrible academic season. Fingers crossed for everyone.

Edited by BrandiGrad

I can claim the acceptance on the board to Northeastern. If you want to know how I approached this season, I did a four tier app process with several schools in each tier. My "safeties" were Miami and UNLV (Las Vegas). I had a lot of help from my boyfriend, who is an English professor. He helped me identify schools, I prepped my faculty, and I worked my ass off. I made sure to mention faculty in every SOP, and I applied to 16 schools. I have good recs and a really crazy good academic record, but my publishing and writing is a bit weak. So far, I am 4 yes's, 4 nos, and two waitlists, but frankly, the six remaining all seem to be no's, in which case I will have had 4/16. I should say I turned in this app early. What a horrible academic season. Fingers crossed for everyone.

do you have any info on northeastern and when/if they're notifying others or the size of the class.

do you have any info on northeastern and when/if they're notifying others or the size of the class.

Ok hopeful getting the hang of this now :) At least getting the name right. Northeastern asked that I respond by March 15, as I believe that they will be making a second round of offers. I live in Denver, and I am really unfamiliar with these east coast schools, but all of my west coast apps went kaput in a big way. The size of the program, etc. These are things I should probably be asking. I really need a mentor. I just sit frozen waiting for the next rejection or (less likely) acceptance. I am the one who posted to you about Stony Brook and Fordham - I thought Fordham had some really interesting Americanists - a Flannery OConnor expert, etc. I too am an americanist, looking at southern female authors. I guess I better look more carefully.

Ok hopeful getting the hang of this now :) At least getting the name right. Northeastern asked that I respond by March 15, as I believe that they will be making a second round of offers. I live in Denver, and I am really unfamiliar with these east coast schools, but all of my west coast apps went kaput in a big way. The size of the program, etc. These are things I should probably be asking. I really need a mentor. I just sit frozen waiting for the next rejection or (less likely) acceptance. I am the one who posted to you about Stony Brook and Fordham - I thought Fordham had some really interesting Americanists - a Flannery OConnor expert, etc. I too am an americanist, looking at southern female authors. I guess I better look more carefully.

i emailed you so email me back & we'll chat. maybe i should look @ fordham more carefully but they didn't give me a cent so i won't be haha. consensus is, they're very strong in medieval though being a catholic school + all.

i emailed you so email me back & we'll chat. maybe i should look @ fordham more carefully but they didn't give me a cent so i won't be haha. consensus is, they're very strong in medieval though being a catholic school + all.

btw brandi did you get into stony brook yet?