IQ measure

MissJeaJea

Question

Hi all,

I am conducting a research study in which I will be measuring IQ in children with learning disabilities. The thing is most of these children are non-verbal and/or very low functioning so I am trying to figure out which is the best measure to use with these population and end up with reliable results. I had the WASI in mind measuring vocabulary and matrix reasoning but I am not sure about the suitability of this teat for all participants.

Many thanks in advance!

1 answer to this question

On 12/28/2016 at 3:30 AM, MissJeaJea said:

Hi all,

I am conducting a research study in which I will be measuring IQ in children with learning disabilities. The thing is most of these children are non-verbal and/or very low functioning so I am trying to figure out which is the best measure to use with these population and end up with reliable results. I had the WASI in mind measuring vocabulary and matrix reasoning but I am not sure about the suitability of this teat for all participants.

Many thanks in advance!

I work in a county run developmental disabilities program where we use IQ scores to help determine eligibility for services. I believe we predominantly use WASI, but we work with outside providers so it's technically up to them about which one to use.