UC rejections?

graaains!

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything negative back from the Univ. of California neuroscience programs other than UCSF and UCD - I'm particularly interested to know if UCLA, Berkeley and San Diego have sent out any rejections. I'm starting to lose hope for an interview invite, but I'm wondering if I should call the schools and ask whether they have invited everyone and are just waiting to send out the official rejections. This seems to have happened to some of the UCD applicants based on what I've seen on the results page. I would really like a quick answer so I can open up my schedule next month but I'm worried that calling the programs might not be effective as I'll just be told to wait. Most of you are probably facing a similar dilemma but if anyone feels like sharing their experiences so far with these programs, I would really appreciate it.

I'm pretty sure UC Berkeley's a no-go. I called them last Friday and inquired about interview invitations, and they said that they'd send them out by the middle of this week. Someone over on College Confidential mentioned that he'd contacted them today, and they confirmed that all interview invitations had already been sent out.

I'm pretty sure UC Berkeley's a no-go. I called them last Friday and inquired about interview invitations, and they said that they'd send them out by the middle of this week. Someone over on College Confidential mentioned that he'd contacted them today, and they confirmed that all interview invitations had already been sent out.

Thanks for the heads-up. Congrats on all the interviews! I was really hoping for some positive feedback from out West but I might have better luck on the East coast it seems. I'm also starting to entertain the idea of waiting another year; I don't think I was quite prepared for the competition this time around. Oh well.

Thanks for the heads-up. Congrats on all the interviews! I was really hoping for some positive feedback from out West but I might have better luck on the East coast it seems. I'm also starting to entertain the idea of waiting another year; I don't think I was quite prepared for the competition this time around. Oh well.

Well, if it's any consolation, competition to UC schools was a bear this year. Partly due to the omnipresent recession, partly due to the fact that the UC system is hemorrhaging money and raising fees like crazy to try and make up the deficit, partly due to a large applicant pool towards neuroscience this year.

As someone who's dealt with the crap from the CSU system (and I can't imagine UC's much better), I'd say it might be a blessing in disguise. Then again, I've lived here my whole life and grad school's a whole different animal than undergrad, so take my advice with a grain of salt :)